In 1924 an agreement was made between Henry George Walne of Kettleburgh Hall to rent a piece of his land to Reverend R Davies of Brandeston, John Goddard of Kettleburgh (farmer) and Herbert Hill of Kettleburgh (Innkeeper).
Henry George Walne agreed to rent the piece of waste land, "thirty yards long and eleven yards wide", for the term of thirty years. The rent was to be one shilling a year payable yearly on the sixth day of April. The tenants were to erect a room to be known as "The Kettleburgh Parish Room" and this was to be used as a reading room or for concerts and dancing or "any other kind of amusement or parochial purposes". The cost of the hall was borne by public subscriptions from villagers.
Today this same building is known as Kettleburgh Village Hall and used for many purposes, including scout meetings, quiz nights, harvest suppers, the annual produce show, film evenings and various village get-togethers.
If you would like to hire the hall, it costs a little more than one shilling a year, but is still very reasonable!